Changes - Version 188.8.131.52 - 25 September 2011
- Upgraded the compiler to GCC 4.6.1.
- The main tab control now has the optional (check Environment options) ability to spread tabs over multiple lines.
- Added Goto Declaration and Goto Definition buttonsto the editor right click menu. These buttons make code navigation much easier.
- The old code for Ctrl+Click now uses the new code for the buttons and uses two-way navigation.
- Added Profiling to the Compiler toolbar.
- Removed the useless About/Help toolbar.
- The splash screen now shows what Dev is currently loading.
- Code Completion Cache can now also be browsed through.
- Added icons for profiling options and added them to the compiling toolbar.
- Updated the Incremental Search window: it now has a previous and next button.
- Corrected a few regression bugs in the class scanner.
- Fixed a bug in the tooltip content generator.
- And much more minor stuff...
- The options format has changed. If you want to reuse an old pre-184.108.40.206 config file (NOT recommended), or, more importantly, when you're overriding Compiler Options in your project, you need to re-set these project settings once and save the project. You'll then have an updated 220.127.116.11+ project file.
- This version has GCC built-in instead of being an aditional package. It also contains D3D9/10/11, GDI, Win32 and OpenGL headers and libraries in that flavor.
- This version is now fully portable. If you also don't want Dev to leave anything behind in the registry, please select "Portable" or "Minimal" in the setup options.
- For ultimate portable programming, please launch devcppPortable.exe located in the main folder of the portable zip download. This will make dev save its configuration files in the same folder as the executable.
The setup can be downloaded here. The Portable zip version can be downloaded here. The source code can be found here.
The 18.104.22.168 Beta 12 update can be found here. Its source code can be found here.
Problems / Upcoming changes / TODO
- TODO: Implement C++0x suggestions by Xazax.
- TODO: Fix the ParentID bug in the tooltip and goto menu items.
- FIXED: Fix the bug reported by Anonymous (first comment on 22.214.171.124).