Changes - Version 18.104.22.168 - 24 Juni 2011
- Upgraded the Default Compiler to GCC 4.5.2.
- When encountering an error, Dev will now point you to the error line and (new) positions the cursor next to it.
- Added new -march optimization options (core2, k8-sse3, amdfam10). Also added 'native' and 'generic'.
- Cleaned up the explicit -m(some instruction set) options, and added some important ones.
- Cleaned up the TODO viewer.
- Fixed a bug in the GCC output parser: it used to read 1 byte too much afer the \0 of each line, causing crashes.
- Added a column column in the Compiler log.
- Tweaked the default settings. Enable line numbers by default for example.
- Fixed a bug in the Compiler Set creator: it didn't feel like storing command line options for each Compiler.
- Added more UI controls for frequently used GCC flags like -Wall, -Wextra and -pedantic.
- Moved warning related flag options to a new section called 'Code Warnings'.
- Removed the silly optimization controls. Now has a proper None/Low/Med/High combobox.
- Updated the default directory listings to GCC 4.5.2's directories.
- Removed the [Compiler] section from the ini file. Instead of saving the current Compiler Set twice, it saves a Compiler index to refer to.
- By default GCC4 omits required runtime DLL's from executables. I told it to link them by default.
- And some more stuff I forgot about.
- The options format has changed. If you want to reuse an old config file (NOT recommended), or, more importantly, when you're overriding Compiler Options in your project, you need to re-set these project settings once and save the project. You'll then have an updated 22.214.171.124 project file.
- This version has GCC built-in instead of being an aditional package. It also contains D3D9/10/11, GDI, Win32 and OpenGL headers and libraries in that flavor.
The setup can be downloaded here. The source code can be found here.
- FIXED: There seems to be a problem with the default relative include paths not being used properly. I seriously need to fix that soon (this weekend probably, after vacation). Together with a few more things to do, I of course also need to post the source code somewhere.