Changes - Version 126.96.36.199 - 8 September 2011
- Rewritten and reorganized the Profile Analysis code.
- Added an option to delete Profiling Information which detects by itself if it can be executed.
- Corrected a few errors in the GCC profiling flag generation code.
- Doubled the stack limits.
- Improved Tab handling.
- Fixed a memory leak in the Compiling form.
- Restyled the Configure Tools window.
- Remade the Help File. It now uses HTML Help (.chm) instead of WinHelp, which was removed from Vista and newer Windows OS's.
- Help File couplings now directly take you to the help content of the currently open window.
- Added optional automatic brace closing to the Editor Options.
- Added an options tab to the Profiler.
- Rewritten the GPROF output reader.
- Removed any references to the flaky Help Item Customizer.
- Added support for 'other' file counting in the Project Options window.
- Resolved a few bugs that caused debugging and profiling options to not be saved.
- Well, I've probably editted more stuff, but I can't recall.
- The options format has changed. If you want to reuse an old pre-188.8.131.52 config file (NOT recommended), or, more importantly, when you're overriding Compiler Options in your project, you need to re-set these project settings once and save the project. You'll then have an updated 184.108.40.206+ project file.
- This version has GCC built-in instead of being an aditional package. It also contains D3D9/10/11, GDI, Win32 and OpenGL headers and libraries in that flavor.
- This version is now fully portable. If you also don't want Dev to leave anything behind in the registry, please select "Portable" or "Minimal" in the setup options.
- For ultimate portable programming, please launch devcppPortable.exe.lnk located in the main folder of the portable zip download. This will make dev save its configuration files in the same folder as the executable.
The setup can be downloaded here. The Portable zip version can be downloaded here. The source code can be found here.
Problems / Upcoming changes / TODO
- TODO: Implement C++0x suggestions by Xazax.
- TODO: Fix the bug reported by Anonymous (first comment on 220.127.116.11).
- FIXED?: Fix the mysterious crash reported by mdiz.
- FIXED: Fixed a formatting and command generating bug in the Profiling Call Graph
- ADDED: The incremental search dialog now has a 'next' and 'previous button and has been restyled.
- ADDED: Added Goto Declaration and Goto Definition to the editor right-click menu.