After 12 beta's, I've finally decided to release 188.8.131.52. The biggest addition is the rewritten tooltip generator. I've also decided to dump make.exe from the binary directory, making an install 1.2MiB smaller.
Changes - Version 184.108.40.206 - 24 Oktober 2011
- Rewritten the tooltip generator. It now uses better code scanning techniques and does not show up above what you were typing anymore.
- Brace completion is now disabled inside strings and comments. It now also supports closing the < character.
- The tooltip now also works when typing foo[bar].member and hovering above member.
- The empty project now contains an empty Untitled unsaved file. Why would anyone NOT want or need that?
- The function tooltip now also displays tips for completed and empty function parameter bodies.
- The < character is now only inserted in lines starting with '#include'.
- Highlighting checks in plain files now do not cause Dev to crash.
- The Tips of the Day are back again!
- The tab position of the editor is now changeable.
- This version now uses a nine years more recent mingw32-make.exe makefile processor! The old GNU one will be omitted from the installer.
- Projects are now saved upon creation.
- Fixed two out-of-bounds errors in tooltip generation and code completion.
- The source code is now more user friendly (DevCpp.dpk wouldn't compile straight away since some version), and 50% smaller.
- Dev can now automatically log compiler messages to disk (the option can be found in Project Options >> Build Options).
- The obj output directory now does not get created in the wrong 'current directory' in rare cases.
- Dependency checking and compile delays are now saved, and on a per-compiler basis.
- Restyled the editor tooltip balloon.
- The function tooltip balloon now updates on the fly.
- The editor hints option now properly disables hints.
- Fixed a coloring bug when highlighting matching braces on the currently highlighted line.
- Added a few more GUI togglable warning options.
- Improved the sizing of the Specials Toolbar to make long translations fit.
- The options format has changed. If you want to reuse an old pre-220.127.116.11 config file (NOT recommended), or, more importantly, when you're overriding Compiler Options in your project, you need to re-set these project settings once and save the project. You'll then have an updated 18.104.22.168+ project file.
- This version has GCC built-in instead of being an aditional package. It also contains D3D9/10/11, GDI, Win32 and OpenGL headers and libraries in that flavor.
- This version is now fully portable. If you also don't want Dev to leave anything behind in the registry, please select "Portable" or "Minimal" in the setup options.
- For ultimate portable programming, please launch devcppPortable.exe located in the main folder of the portable zip download. This will make dev save its configuration files in the same folder as the executable.
The setup can be downloaded here. The Portable zip version can be downloaded here. The source code can be found here.
The 22.214.171.124 Beta 4 update can be found here. Its source code can be found here.
Problems / Upcoming changes / TODO
- TODO: Implement C++11 suggestions by Xazax.
- TODO: Fix the ParentID bug in the tooltip and goto menu items.
- TODO: Implement an autosave feature.
- TODO: Finish work done on adding icons to tool menu items.