Here's the big sort of late new years' update. Included is a new compiler, a rewritten code parser and more.
Changes - Version 5.6.0 - 24 Januari 2014
- Updated TDM64 and MinGW32 to version 4.8.1.
- The class browser can now show the contents of system includes.
- Added a compiler set selector to the toolbar.
- The Remove Unit Form is resizable again.
- Code completion now also works on modified files.
- The parser now processes preprocessor lines too.
- Parsing speed has been improved by around 400% (average of my own projects).
- Added "Duplicate Line" and "Delete Line" functions to Menu >> Edit.
- When only changing case during a Rename, the input file will not be deleted anymore.
- Project templates now also accept the old "Catagory" input field again.
- Fixed an "External Exception" when handling compiler sets.
- When parsing, the status bar does not flicker anymore.
- The executable version number is equal to the official version number again.
- Added about twenty previously hardcoded text items to the language tables.
- Cache saving speed has been improved infinitely when the cache is bigger than 16MiB.
- Users can now input a correspondence e-mail into the crash reporter message.
- In Editor Options, the "Symbol Completion" section has been moved to the "Code Completion" section.
- Completed closing symbols are now deleted when the corresponding opening character is deleted.
- Fixed a argument highlighting problem in the function tooltip.
- As of 5.6.0 RC1, a different completion cache file format is used. Older versions are not forward compatible.
- The console pauser can now pass 32K characters to the running program instead of just 1K.
- Fixed a bug in the first time config window that caused a crash when no compilers were installed.
- Updated Chinese and Chinese (traditional) translations.
- Added a std::thread example. Only compiles on TDM-GCC based installations.
- The setup which includes MinGW32 4.8.1 can be downloaded here (63MB).
- The setup which includes TDM-GCC x64 4.8.1 can be downloaded here (47MB).
- The setup which does not include a compiler can be downloaded here (2MB).
- The portable version which includes MinGW32 4.8.1 can be downloaded here (36MB).
- The portable version which includes TDM-GCC x64 4.8.1 can be downloaded here (34MB).
- The portable version which does not include a compiler can be downloaded here (2MB).
- The latest tested compilers can be downloaded here.
- Lastly, the source code can be found here (1MB).
Choosing between 32bit and 64bit
- The 64bit compiler will fully work op 32bit systems.
- The 64bit compiler can create 64bit and 32bit executables and DLLs.
- The 64bit compiler currently provides much more headers and libraries.
- The 32bit compiler can only create 32bit executables and DLLs.