Changes - Version 22.214.171.124 - 27 Augustus 2011
- Restyled pretty much everything.
- Reorganized a few windows to make better use of space.
- Several SynEdits now do not have an infinitely long scrollbar anymore.
- The splash screen now does not show up behind the tooltips anymore.
- Improved startup speed for the New Look theme.
- Updated the splash screen text.
- Added more keyboard shortcuts to rightclick menus.
- Removed everything XPMenu related. This shaves off about 7000 lines of code and makes Dev a bit faster.
- Added a bunch of code insertion templates. For example, WinMain, WindProc and a do-while() loop.
- Added copy all to right click menus of the rollout message sheet.
- A bunch of Copy menu items now listen to shortcuts like Ctrl-C too.
- Tab shortcuts now use Tabs instead of Shift-Ctrl-I and Shift-Ctrl-U (who came up with that fingerbreaking combination anyway?).
- Removed a few borders around some tabs below, increasing used space and cleaning the UI up.
- The Fullscreen close button is now visible again.
- Removed a few deprecated components like TBevel.
- Added Save all to rollout rightclick menus.
- Improved layout of some Project Options tab and the welcome form.
- You can now assign any combination of tab to any shortcut item you like.
- I have to admit I've lost track of a lot of changes.
- The options format has changed. If you want to reuse an old pre-126.96.36.199 config file (NOT recommended), or, more importantly, when you're overriding Compiler Options in your project, you need to re-set these project settings once and save the project. You'll then have an updated 188.8.131.52+ project file.
- This version has GCC built-in instead of being an aditional package. It also contains D3D9/10/11, GDI, Win32 and OpenGL headers and libraries in that flavor.
- This version is now fully portable. If you also don't want Dev to leave anything behind in the registry, please select "Portable" or "Minimal" in the setup options.
- For ultimate portable programming, please launch devcppPortable.exe.lnk located in the main folder of the portable zip download. This will make dev save its configuration files in the same folder as the executable.
The setup can be downloaded here. The Portable zip version can be downloaded here. The source code can be found here.
Problems / Upcoming changes / TODO
- TODO: Implement C++0x suggestions by Xazax.
- TODO: Fix the mysterious crash reported by mdiz.
- TODO: Fix the bug reported by Anonymous (first comment on 184.108.40.206).
- FIXED: The Delete key now does not get hijacked by the project browser anymore.
- FIXED: When nothing is selected, the tab key now puts a tab instead of doing nothing.
- FIXED: Dev-C++ now shows how long compiling took.