Changes - Version 126.96.36.199 - 3 November 2011
- Fixed an nil pointer read crash in the append closing brace code.
- Updated the comment/uncomment functions.
- The variable scanner now also supports local variables in non-class functions.
- The scanner now does not scan the same word twice (making it 2x faster).
- The Environment Options window now does not crash when its not allowed to edit file associations.
- One can now use Ctrl+Scroll to edit text size, just like in browsers. Also added information about it in the Options menu.
- Files now open up much faster thanks to avoiding repaints.
- Fixed a buffer overflow in the tooltip generator and rewritten the locals scanner, which is now 50% faster.
- The append closing braces function now works on every keyboard Win32 supports.
- Removed any reference to DevTabs, which were too flaky edits (for example, the ComCtrl Manifest caused it to not paint child windows) of TPageControl and TTabControl.
- Fixed a bug in the code that checks for the existence of tools.
- Added new Chinese_TC translations created by cin.getline.
- The uninstaller now does not forget to delete Dev's help file and folder if it's empty.
- The options format has changed. If you want to reuse an old pre-188.8.131.52 config file (NOT recommended), or, more importantly, when you're overriding Compiler Options in your project, you need to re-set these project settings once and save the project. You'll then have an updated 184.108.40.206+ project file.
- This version has GCC built-in instead of being an aditional package. It also contains D3D9/10/11, GDI, Win32 and OpenGL headers and libraries in that flavor.
- This version is now fully portable. If you also don't want Dev to leave anything behind in the registry, please select "Portable" or "Minimal" in the setup options.
- For ultimate portable programming, please launch devcppPortable.exe located in the main folder of the portable zip download. This will make dev save its configuration files in the same folder as the executable.
The setup can be downloaded here. The Portable zip version can be downloaded here. The source code can be found here.
The spam filter on blogspot has decided to flag quite a few comments from me and others as spam and moved them to a place where I'd never look: the spam/junk box. That spam box doesn't tell you there's something in it at all, nor is it visible on the main page. I opened it today, and found quite a bunch of perfectly normal posts in there. All your non-spam comments have been moved to where they belong now.
The 220.127.116.11 Beta 2 update can be found here. Its source code can be found here.
Problems / Upcoming changes / TODO
- TODO: Implement C++11 suggestions by Xazax.
- TODO: Fix the ParentID bug in the tooltip and goto menu items.
- TODO: Finish work done on adding icons to tool menu items.
- TODO: Fix a bug problem regarding makefile generation (reported by Sfinexer).
- TODO: Get TDM-GCC working.
- TODO: Have a look at distributing wxWidgets libraries and headers with Dev-C++.